Vea esta información en español aquí: https://www.slvemergency.org/espanol/
ANNOUNCEMENT: see our SLV COVID DIAL for current information. We will be transitioning all COVID information to the new page. THANK YOU. Get the latest information at slvphp.com.
COVID-19 VACCINE PROVIDERS
Individuals who are interested in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine may call or sign up online with one of the providers below.
- Rio Grande Hospital – (719) 657-2418 or https://riograndehospital.org/
- SLV Health – (719) 587-1355 or https://www.sanluisvalleyhealth.org/
- Valley Wide Health Systems – (719) 587-9610
- Safeway – https://www.mhealthappointments.com/covidappt
- Alamosa County Public Health – (719) 589-6639 or www.alamosacounty.org
- Conejos County Public Health – 719-274-4307 or online form
- Costilla County Public Health – (719) 672-3332 or https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/costillacounty
- Silver Thread Public Health – (719) 658-2416 or http://www.silverthreadpublichealth.org
- Rio Grande County Public Health – (719) 657-3352 or https://www.riograndecounty.org/public-health
- Saguache County Public Health – 719-655-2533 or https://www.saguachecounty.net/index.php/public-health-home
To pursue testing for COVID-19 through our regular testing providers call:
- Rio Grande Hospital 719-657-4990
- SLVHealth Respiratory Clinic 719-589-3000 ext. 9
- Valley-Wide Health Systems 719-589-3658 ext. 4 (M-F), 719-589-2562 (Sa/Su)
As of 9am on 11/18/2020, the SLV has 258 known active cases. “Active” means that the cases are confirmed positive for COVID-19 and are currently being supported by Public Health during their isolation period.
- Alamosa: 136
- Conejos: 30
- Costilla: 17
- Mineral: 3
- Rio Grande: 47
- Saguache: 25
Two-week positivity rate: 9.53%. Our goal is for this to stay under 5%. To stay under 5%, individuals with symptoms need to pursue testing.
Hospitalizations: In the two weeks ending November 14th, there were 9 new hospitalizations for COVID-19 in the SLV.
Data dashboard for the SLV Region for 11/18/2020
This information is provided internally to local Public Health staff by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), and is current as of 4 pm the previous day. State data may run a couple of days behind the locally reported active cases above. For more data, including county-by-county stats, see https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-data
See the chart below for the weekly SLV COVID-19 case count (ie. the number of people who tested positive for COVID-19 per week) from August 17 through October 25, 2020. This data is provided weekly by the SLV Regional Epidemiologist.
ABOUT TESTING – Do not go to the ER for a COVID-19 test, call your doctor or one of the numbers below.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, make sure to stay away from others (isolate yourself), and call one of the numbers below to pursue a test. How to isolate.
To pursue testing for COVID-19, or for medical questions, call:
- Rio Grande Hospital 719-657-4990
- SLV Health Respiratory Clinic 719-589-3000 ext. 9
- Valley-Wide Health Systems 719-589-3658 ext. 9 (M-F), 719-589-2562 (Sa/Su)
If you don’t have symptoms but know you have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, call one of the numbers above and let the person know you’ve been exposed so you can get tested. During this time you should quarantine yourself, even if the test results come back negative. How to quarantine.
Waiting for test results?
If you are having a medical emergency, call 911. Tell the dispatcher your symptoms.
General (non-Medical) Questions about COVID-19 in the SLV: Call (719) 480-8719, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
ON THE BLOG: See our latest blog entry on our main page, here: https://www.slvemergency.org/
MORE COVID INFORMATION
The SLV is currently in the “Safer at Home: Level 2” phase as set by the Governor’s Office. See more here: https://covid19.colorado.gov/safer-at-home
For more info on COVID-19 in Colorado, see https://covid19.colorado.gov/
“SLV Support Local” business directory
Resource needs form (if you have needs or want to help)
Report a public health concern
For comments/corrections on this webpage, please e-mail email@example.com.